BAFM’S AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To help, support and encourage Friends groups.
- To maximise benefits of membership for both Friends and the institutions they support.
- To bring diverse Friends groups together to share good practice and experience by arranging regional meetings and an annual conference.
- To improve understanding between professionals and Friends by involvement of BAFM in professional organisations such as the Museums Association and the Association of Independent Museums, and by inviting professionals to speak at BAFM regional meetings and annual conferences.
- To disseminate good practice and keep BAFM members abreast of modern developments in the sector by publishing a journal and a web site, and through well informed speakers at regional meetings and conferences.
- To make ‘Friendship’ fun!
- To achieve this objective we encourage a sense of proportion and balance in our members, so that the whole community can enjoy involvement.
BAFM believes that by achieving these objectives we are giving help, support and encouragement to Friends groups and maximising the benefits of membership for both Friends and the institutions they support.